Chair and a Founder of DigitalFutures B.U.I.L.D.
MaRi Eagar is a Founder and Chair of the consultancy DigitalFutures B.U.I.L.D (Blockchain User-centric Innovation & Leadership Development) and Founder of the BC Blockchain Forum, a private/public sector initiative to explore the benefits of blockchain technologies and the associated creation of digital assets promoting digital transformation and the digital economy in British Columbia, and Canada-wide.
She was listed on Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017 and a partner of Blockchain@UBC.
MaRi has been an advisor and coach to startups and leaders in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies since 2013 including the SFU Bitcoin Club. Currently she advisor to Dubtokens and IComplyICO and conducts due diligence assessments on ICOs/TOA (Token Asset Offerings) against emerging good practices. She specializes in leadership and governance models as well as user experience and adoption and strategic stakeholder engagement and is the author of The Blockchain Generation, a Medium publication on new leadership models and practices for the distributed economy.
MaRI has than 15 years of experience as the lead consultant in business strategy and implementation, strategic leadership and talent development, governance and organizational development in public and private sector.
MaRI was co-adviser and author of the first study in Canada, that set out to discover competitive drivers to build and further develop the ecosystem that supports Vancouver, BC, and Canada, as a global Blockchain and FinTech hub.
Education and Certification
- B Com (Accounting, Auditing, Business Management)
- Higher Diploma Accountancy
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
- M Phil (organizational psychology): Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership (cum laude)
- Post-Graduate Certificate: Individual and Group Leadership Facilitation and Coaching
- Certified Applied Positive Psychology Practitioner
- Certified Positive Psychology Coach
- Certified Team Coaching International Facilitator
- Leadership Assessments and Development (Strengths Profile, MBTI)
- Deep Democracy Facilitator: Participative Leadership Facilitator
- Certified Somatic Leadership Coach and Educator (White Belt, Green Belt)
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner, Train-the-trainer offering all Prosci training in-house, Enterprise Change Management Bootcamp
- Introduction to Digital Currencies (with accomplishment) (University Nicosia – The first university course on bitcoin and blockchain technologies)
- Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered (MIT)
The race for attracting and retaining crypto and blockchain talent is on. An element that stand in the way of attracting and retaining high demand skills, is that current traditional talent practices were built for a previous age: centralized leadership, IT platforms and organizational dynamics.read more
Instead of looking towards models such as “classical” democracy which focuses on majority rule, decentralized communities are encouraged to study research and models from human dynamics that aim to include all voices, states of awareness, and frameworks of reality as important.read more
“Decentralized governance, refers to the restructuring or reorganization of authority so that there is a system of co-responsibility. It is timely to pay more attention to the evolution of the people elements as these impact the technology development, which in turns creates the people dynamics, culture and customer experience.read more