Chair and a Founder of DigitalFutures
MaRi Eagar is a digital transformation consultant who trained professionally as a Chartered Accountant with a 20 year career as Business Growth Strategist. She holds a Masters degree in Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership Development (with distinction).
Her international career includes working at MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop), BC Liquor Distribution Board, Provincial Health Services Authorities, Deloitte, HSBC, Barclays/Africa and Standard Corporate Merchant Bank. MaRI is experienced in designing and establishing centers of excellence, including strategy design and peak performance development, strategic leadership and talent development, governance and employee value proposition.
She has developed a reputation for partnering with executives to empower them to execute, build transformation capabilities and develop buy-in for large scale, complex initiatives. MaRi has developed creative, agile and research informed processes, tools and distributed capabilities adopted by organizations such as Barclays Africa, Deloitte, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, Provincial Health Services Authorities as well as Mountain Equipment Coop.
MaRi develops industry specific leadership and talent development programs as well as facilitator accreditation.
MaRi was ranked on the Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017. She was selected as finalist in the Ontario Centres of Excellence, Innovator Idol 2012.
MaRi is a board advisor at the Lifeboat Foundation (New Money Systems and Human Trajectories). As an instigator of networks for strategic change, she is passionate about economic inclusion and financial wellbeing as cornerstones for future sustainable societies.
- B Com (Accounting, Auditing, Business Management)
- Higher Diploma Accountancy
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
- Masters in Philosophy Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership (cum laude)
- Post-Graduate Certificate: Individual and Group Leadership Consulting, Facilitation and Coaching
- Certified Applied Positive Psychology Practitioner and Coach
- Certified Team Coaching International Facilitator
- Certified Somatic (Embodied) Leadership Coach and Educator (White Belt, Green Belt)
- Foundations of Happiness at Work: Berkeley, University of California
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner, Train-the-trainer offering all Prosci training in-house, Enterprise Change Management Bootcamp
- Leadership and Talent Assessments and Development (including HEXACO Personality Model, Strengths Profile)
- Introduction to Digital Currencies (with accomplishment) (University Nicosia – The first university course on bitcoin and blockchain technologies)
- Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered (MIT)
- Deep Democracy Facilitator: Participative Leadership Facilitator
Digital Transformation Accomplishments
- Blockchain Thought Leader & Speaker: CIO Association of Canada Annual Forum, Vancouver 2018
- Design and facilitation of the BC Blockchain Forum Roundtables and Events.
- Design agile and distributed organizational change management strategy and tactics for D365 ERP implementation: Canada wide retail cooperative, and lead the implementation of the first phase adoption tactics
- Research, design, and facilitation of new distributed leadership and talent management model for BC Crown Corporation, working directly with executive and senior leadership teams
- Research, re-engineering and prototyping of peak performance development program for more than 4000 employees across the province for BC Crown Corporation and Regulator
- Organizational change lead for IT Division restructuring to support new growth and digital transformation strategy for BC Crown Corporation
- Change lead accomplishing 100% adoption of new payment system and policies for BC Regulator
- Design and implementation of new Personal Leadership Program for Young Professionals: Deloitte Canada
- Vancouver Lead for Establishment of Deloitte’s new leadership and team leadership coaching practice in Canada