Chair and a Founder of DigitalFutures
MaRi Eagar is a C-suite and senior business leader and strategy consultant who trained professionally as a Chartered Accountant with a 20 year career as Business Innovation Strategist. She holds a Masters degree in Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership Development (cum laude).
Her international career includes working at Insurance Corporation of BC, MEC (Mountain Equipment Coop), BC Innovation, BC Liquor Distribution Board, Provincial Health Services Authorities, Deloitte, HSBC, Barclays/Africa, Development Bank of Southern Africa, and Standard Corporate Merchant Bank.
MaRi was ranked on the Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017.
She was selected as finalist in the Ontario Centres of Excellence, Innovator Idol 2012.
She is a board advisor at the Lifeboat Foundation (New Money Systems and Human Trajectories). As an instigator of networks for strategic change, she is passionate about economic inclusion and financial wellbeing as cornerstones for future sustainable societies.
MaRi is an active sponsor and provides bono mentoring and business coaching to artist innovators in the creative economy community in Vancouver. She is the author of Positive Mavericks Leadership Blog on Medium, providing leadership advice for positive outliers
Education and Certification
- B Com (Accounting, Auditing, Business Management)
- Higher Diploma Accountancy
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
- Masters in Philosophy Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership (cum laude)
- Post-Graduate Certificate: Individual and Group Leadership Counseling, Facilitation and Coaching
- Introduction to Digital Currencies (with accomplishment) (University Nicosia – The first university course on bitcoin and blockchain technologies)
- Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered (MIT)
- Professional Certificate in The Science of Happiness at Work (University of California, Berkeley)
- Certificate in Transformative Tech (Transformative Tech Lab)
- Certified Applied Positive Psychology Practitioner and Coach
- Certified Team Coaching International Facilitator
- Certified Somatic (Embodied) Leadership Coach and Educator (White Belt, Green Belt)
- Proosci Train-the-trainer offering all Prosci training in-house, Enterprise Change Management Bootcamp
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner,
- Leadership and Talent Assessments and Development (including HEXACO Personality Model, MBTI, Strengths Profile)
- Deep Democracy Facilitator: Participative Leadership Facilitator
Ecosystem Community Leadership
- Blockchain Thought Leader & Speaker: CIO Association of Canada Annual Forum, Vancouver 2018
- Accepted and successfully completed 2nd Cohort of the Transformative Tech Academy, 2019.
- Host of The Blockchain Executive Radio show
- Host and facilitator of BC Blockchain Forum community events focusing on ethics, governance and leadership
- Founder of the BC Blockchain Forum established to strategically build blockchain ecosystem in BC – membership of over 1,100.
- Designer and project lead: Vancouver Blockchain Hackathon: Decentralized Financial Wellbeing for income constrained households.
- Ranked Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017.
- Lead consultant and designer: Global Consulting Firm: Young Professional’s Personal Leadership Program, 2013 culminating in the Vancouver consulting practice winning the International Coach Federation Vancouver Prism Award that year.
- 2012: selected as finalist for Innovator Idol, Ontario Centres of Excellence.
- 2009: Designer and Convenor: Leaderrship, Ethics and Technology professional models for South African Chartered Accountants’ Accredited Training..