Chair and a Founder of DigitalFutures
MaRi Eagar is a visionary digital transformation consultant working in the blockchain industry since 2013. She trained professionally as a Chartered Accountant with a 20 year career as Business Growth Strategist. She holds a Masters degree in Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership Development (with distinction).
Her international career includes working at Deloitte, HSBC, Barclays/Africa and Standard Corporate Merchant Bank. MaRI is experienced in designing and establishing centers of excellence, including strategy design and performance development, strategic leadership and talent development, governance and employee value proposition.
She has developed a reputation for partnering with executives to empower them to execute, build transformation capabilities and develop buy-in for large scale, complex initiatives. MaRi has developed creative, agile and research informed processes, tools and distributed capabilities adopted by organizations such as Barclays Africa, Deloitte, BC Liquor Distribution Branch, Provincial Health Services Authorities as well as Mountain Equipment Coop.
MaRi develops industry specific leadership and talent development programs as well as facilitator accreditation. She hosts The Blockchain Executive Show on Blockchain Radio and is the author of the Medium publication Positive Mavericks: How to unlock the human power of the token and blockchain economy.
MaRi was ranked on the Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017.
MaRi is the founder of the BC Blockchain Forum, partner of Blockchain@UBC and a board advisor at the Lifeboat Foundation (New Money Systems and Human Trajectories). As an instigator of networks for strategic change, she is passionate about economic inclusion and financial wellbeing as cornerstones for future sustainable societies.
Education and Certification
- B Com (Accounting, Auditing, Business Management)
- Higher Diploma Accountancy
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
- Masters in Philosophy Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership (cum laude)
- Post-Graduate Certificate: Individual and Group Leadership Consulting, Facilitation and Coaching
- Certified Applied Positive Psychology Practitioner and Coach
- Certified Team Coaching International Facilitator
- Certified Somatic (Embodied) Leadership Coach and Educator (White Belt, Green Belt)
- Foundations of Happiness at Work: Berkeley, University of California
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner, Train-the-trainer offering all Prosci training in-house, Enterprise Change Management Bootcamp
- Leadership and Talent Assessments and Development (including HEXACO Personality Model, Strengths Profile)
- Introduction to Digital Currencies (with accomplishment) (University Nicosia – The first university course on bitcoin and blockchain technologies)
- Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered (MIT)
- Deep Democracy Facilitator: Participative Leadership Facilitator
Digital Transformation Accomplishments
- Blockchain Thought Leader & Speaker: CIO Association of Canada Annual Forum, Vancouver 2018
- Design and facilitation of the BC Blockchain Forum Roundtables and Events
- Design agile and distributed organizational change management strategy and tactics for D365 ERP implementation: Canada wide retail cooperative, and lead the implementation of the first phase adoption tactics
- Research, design, and facilitation of new distributed leadership and talent management model for BC Crown Corporation, working directly with executive and senior leadership teams
- Research, re-engineering and prototyping of peak performance development program for more than 4000 employees across the province for BC Crown Corporation and Regulator
- Organizational change lead for IT Division restructuring to support new growth and digital transformation strategy for BC Crown Corporation
- Change lead accomplishing 100% adoption of new payment system and policies for BC Regulator
- Design and implementation of new Personal Leadership Program for Young Professionals: Deloitte Canada
- Vancouver Lead for Establishment of Deloitte’s new leadership and team leadership coaching practice in Canada
Leadership Web3.0 Best Practices – Unlocking the Human Power of the Token and Blockchain Economy
- How do we transition successfully into the digital economy?
- How can we reinvent how we work and live and play?
- How do we buidl forward into a more regenerative and hopeful future?
How do we unlock the potential of leaderless organizations? What are the ethics and values of the blockchain generation?read more
The word lead originates from the Anglo-Saxon word “laed” which means to “show the way”. The essence of leadership therefore means to be a pathfinder – a person who shows the way to others, stepping away from current thinking of leaders as “influence” towards a more bold stance of positive impact.read more
The Crypto and Blockchain Generation is a generation of people from all walks of life who think about AI, cryptoassets, the token economy and blockchain as intuitively as Generation Z approaches email or social media.” (Inspired by and adapted from Jeremy Gardner)read more
The race for attracting and retaining crypto and blockchain talent is on. An element that stand in the way of attracting and retaining high demand skills, is that current traditional talent practices were built for a previous age: centralized leadership, IT platforms and organizational dynamics.read more
Instead of looking towards models such as “classical” democracy which focuses on majority rule, decentralized communities are encouraged to study research and models from human dynamics that aim to include all voices, states of awareness, and frameworks of reality as important.read more
“Decentralized governance, refers to the restructuring or reorganization of authority so that there is a system of co-responsibility. It is timely to pay more attention to the evolution of the people elements as these impact the technology development, which in turns creates the people dynamics, culture and customer experience.read more